Donating to Free Software and Free Culture
Perhaps many free software maintainers and contributors find it hard to ask for donations.
Free software supporters can help by being more vocal about their donations, thus encouraging others to follow their example.
So I encourage you to be more vocal about your donations. This is not about boasting on how nice you are, this is about convincing others to provide more support!
Free software donations/memberships as of 2019-06-01
- I'm a member of the Free Software Foundation: $120/year.
- I'm a member of Wikimédia France: 12€/year.
- I give $5/month to clojuriststogether.org to support Clojure(script) contributors.
- I give $1/week through liberapay.com to support Jonas Bernoulli great work on magit and other Emacs tools.
- I give $1/month to liberapay.com maintainers.
… and that's all I can think about right now.
I will update this page regularily.
How to advertize your donations easily ?
I hope that initiatives like opencollective.com or github.com/sponsors will make it easier to advertize donations you make.
If you are already aware of ways to maintain such a list, please tell me.
To comment this blog post, you can send an email to the public mailing list ~email@example.com